A lot of beginners encounter all sort of tutorials on how to add some custom code to the
functions.php file or even more basic: change the layout beyond what the customizer allows.
In this workshop, I introduce WordPress beginners to some good standards in terms of customisation.
- Choosing a plugin that allows custom CSS (like Jetpack and Simple Custom CSS)
- Setting up a child theme
- Adding custom CSS to that child theme or through the plugin
- Adding custom PHP to the child theme
Here are some of the most valuable sources in the workshop:
- CSS basics: www.w3schools.com/w3css/
- Local website: DesktopServer
- Plugins used:
- Setting up child themes: codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes
- Basic WordPress PHP: codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Action_Reference/
Leave a Reply